Online Music and Culture Summer Camp 2020
The Reina Sofía School of Music offered two formats of online courses for 29 students between the ages of 12 and 17 from countries such as United States, India, Costa Rica, France, Portugal, Switzerland, Mexico, and Spain.
The Music and Fun programme was held from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. starting on June 29th until July 10th. The Young Artists programme took place from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. starting on June 29th until July 10th, as well as from July 13th to July 24th. Both programmes ended with a final concert.
In both programmes adapted to each level, students received an hour of individual instrument class, and addressing the need to comprehensively train our musicians of tomorrow, students learned in Body Technique to relate to their own body through different techniques such as Mindfulness and the Alexander technique. In the Projects subject, students created original projects, under the guidance of a School teacher, focused on technology, social media, education, and environment. You may have a look at some of the projects carried out HERE, HERE, and HERE.
In Music and Fun students were able to enjoy theoretical subjects taught by great music professionals such as History of Music and Art; Harmony, Auditory Education and Organology; or History of Instruments.
In Young Artists “Building an Artist” workshops were held on a daily basis and different professionals from the world of music had the chance to offer students the best advice and share their experiences on such important topics, including the role of music in society, how to prevent injuries, how to prepare for auditions and concerts, and how to enter the professional world of music, among others.
Click HERE to see our list of teachers.
What do our students say about us?
100% of the students and parents that answered our survey would recommend this programme. Some of the reasons for their recommendation are the fact that the programme is comprehensive and of high quality, that it is positive in terms of progress in music studies, as well as the quality of the teaching staff and the opportunity to meet other young musicians.
What makes this programme unique?
- Live classes: 4 hours a day
- Individual instrument classes: 1 professor-1 student-1 hour a day
- Small groups and interaction: Theoretical and body technique classes are intended for a maximum of 15 students, which allows for interaction and relationships between students.
- Active participation: The development of projects is carried out in groups of 2-3 students, encouraging creativity and teamwork. At the end of the programme, students present a concert (playing a brief piece) and their group project to their classmates.
- High-quality teachers: The teachers are either final year students of the Reina Sofía School of Music or former students, all of whom have been chosen according to the academic criteria of the School.
- Technical support and online security: We have academic coordinators and technical support for any issue during the classes.
- Personalised attention: This is an exclusive programme, with limited slots, in which the coordinating team is available to meet the needs of the participants and their families.