Music and Fun Summer Camp
- 5 to 18 July 2021 (13 days of activities)
- Music and culture programme with languages, sport and fun for ages 8 to 14
- Instruments (all levels): violin, viola, cello, double bass, piano
- Place: Santander
- Price: €2000 (Day campus) and €3000 (Full campus)
- Possibility of applying for Scholarships: Santander City residents scholarships covering 100% or 50% for the Day campus or Fundación Albéniz Scholarship open for all kids covering 40% for the Day or Full campus
Music, culture, languages, sports, and fun
The programme is designed for students of string instruments and piano as a cultural and linguistic immersion in the world of music, along with sports activities, languages, and leisure that are combined with the intensity of the instrumental activity. It is open to all levels and is a great choice as a prelude to the Young Artists Summer Camp.
The teachers at the Summer Camp are final year and former students of the School, all of whom are chosen according to the School’s academic criteria. The supervisors, with a ratio of one supervisor for every six students and all of them holders of the diploma on Leisure and Free Time, accompany and help students make them feel at home.
The programme divides the students in groups that depending on the activity may vary from 3 to 20. They spend half the day at the Conservatory where they attend instrument classes and the other half at the Ruth Beitia Municipal Sports Complex, where they have choir activities, play sports, and learn languages.
You can find the complete brochure here.
The programme in hours
- Five hours of instrument class with the teacher of instrument technique. The teacher helps students to improve their technique by adapting to their level.
- Ten hours of instrument practice in an individual classroom. The student will be able to practice what he or she has learned or they will rehearse before class.
- Five hours of Chamber Music. At the beginning of the programme, we will create small ensembles of strings with piano and the professor will teach them how to play together, according to the different levels.
- Ten hours of Chamber Music practice. Students will practice works seen in class or will rehearse before the class begins.
- Six hours of Choir. The choir subject taught as a group helps students work in harmony and brings cohesion to the group.
- Five* hours of Culture. We organise several music and/or cultural activities to create an immersive atmosphere for the group. From visiting the city of Santander or the surrounding area in order to learn more about the Cantabrian culture to having the opportunity to attend to closed-door rehearsals of musicians participating at the Santander Encounter of Music and Academy.
- Four* hours of languages. Students attend English or Spanish lessons, depending on their mother tongue. Groups are divided according to their level.
- Twenty* hours of sports. From yoga to swimming, tennis, and volleyball, all of them in the wonderful facilities of the Ruth Beitia Municipal Sports Complex. It is the perfect way to relax after class.
- Surf. During the weekend, students will have the opportunity to approach the world of surfing with classes given by professionals and monitored by our supervisors on the best beach to learn this sport in Santander: Sardinero beach.
- Leisure activities: The programme is completed with leisure activities that are held before bedtime at the Residence for students enrolled in Full Campus and where they enjoy their free time playing games and allowing the group to become more cohesive, all of this under adult supervision.
- Concert for parents: At the end of the programme, there will be a performance of the chamber groups at the Auditorium of the “Ataulfo Argenta” Professional Music Conservatory.
*The number of hours may vary slightly due to organisational needs.
How do I apply?
The application period for 2021 is now closed.
Two different scholarships are available:
Ataúlfo Argenta Summer Camp Sholarships
The Santander City Council offers to their residents scholarships covering 100% or 50% for the Day campus. To apply, send a short video (1-2) performing the instrument you want to participate with, a 70 to 150-word motivation letter, and a copy of the certificate of residence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundación Albéniz Scholarships
Fundación Albéniz offers scholarships covering 40% of the programme total cost for Day or Full campus. To apply, send a 70 to 150-word motivation letter stating the age and instrument of the student and your choice of campus (Day or Full) to email@example.com.
I wish to receive information on the Music and Fun Summer Camp in Santander
Fill out the following form and we will contact you shortly