New Skills 4 New Artists
New Skills 4 New Artists is a project born in 2019 and conceived with the aim of promoting the acquisition of digital, business, and technological skills by musicians starting their professional career. NS4NA addresses an identified gap in the training of musicians and artists in general. To date, the education and training of professional musicians has focused primarily on the set of musical and performance skills associated with the mastery of a musical instrument (artistic skills). This focus on the training of musicians has not changed in essence for decades.
The advent of the information society, where the concert and performance market has become global, has fundamentally altered the music industry. The success of a professional musician today depends not only on his or her artistic abilities but also on his or her technological and commercial skills. The NS4NA project undertakes this paradigm shift that musicians are facing and has the following objectives:
- To equip musicians with the necessary tools, as well as to connect them with the current opportunities and challenges.
- To design and test an interdisciplinary training programme
- To create and establish the basis for a sustainable lifelong learning training programme ready for transfer and integration into training institutions in Europe.
This Erasmus + project is funded by the European Union through SEPIE and is led by the Reina Sofía School of Music (Spain) in partnership with Munster Technological University (Ireland), Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel (Belgium) and Grupo DEX (Spain).
Requirements and participant selection
To access the second Autumn edition of the New Skills 4 New Artists course there are a series of requirements. The deadline for registration for the course is September 15th, 2021. This course will be delivered partly online, in English, and partly live (in presence) in Spanish, and will consist of 40 teaching hours and 5 hours of tutorships. It will be free of charge for all musicians.
The requirements are as follows:
- Age: between 18 and 35 years old.
- Nationality: Spanish or residents in Spain (a copy of the DNI or NIE will be required).
- Availability: participants must commit to attending 80% of the classes if they wish to receive a certificate of participation and will have to commit to answer a survey at the end of the course. Classes will begin on October 6th and end on December 16th. They will be held every Wednesday (live in Madrid) and Thursday (online) from 10am to 12pm (CET).
At New Skills 4 New Artists we are committed to inclusive education.
Education must be inclusive, among other things, in the sense of respect for and value of diversity "where it is manifested regardless of disability, race, skin colour, gender, language, linguistic culture, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic, indigenous or social origin, property, birth, age or any other status. All pupils should feel valued, respected, included, and listened to. Inclusion takes an individual approach to learners".
The NS4NA course has limited places so there will be a competitive selection process. You will need to communicate why you want to do this course and ideally share an idea or artistic project that you would like to undertake and develop during the course. This will be the topic of your video application. For students coming from the Reina Sofía School of Music, only graduates who have already completed their studies will be able to access the course. No more than the 50% of the Spain based participants will be Reina Sofia School of Music graduates.
Si tienes dudas o necesitas más información, contacta con Esther Viñuela en email@example.com