Young Artists Summer Camp
5-18 July 2021
- A 100% musical programme for ages 12 to 17 in English and Spanish languages
- Registration in March 2021
- Application deadline: 15 April 2021
- Place: Madrid
- Students are selected according to their level under our Professors criteria
A 100% musical programme
The Young Artists Summer Camp is focused as a musical experience, comprising instrument technique, our “Building an Artist” masterclasses, chamber music and our “Building Teamwork” subject.
Many of our professors at the Summer Camp are alumni of the School with years of professional experience in orquestras and musical teaching, and are selected under the academic criteria of the School. All our instructors are qualified, and are in charge of organising the students and making sure they feel at home.
The programme divides the students in chamber music groups at the start of the first week and makes the most out of our facilities, where the students receive their individual and group education.
You can find the complete brochure here.
The programme in hours
- Ten hours of individual class with the teacher of instrument technique. In this class, the teacher helps the student his or her technique.
- Two hours of attendance to classes of peers with the teacher of instrument technique, to be chosen by the students.
- Thirty hours of practice in booths. Student will be able to practice what they have learned or rehearse before class.
- Ten hours of chamber music classes. In this class, different chamber music groups will have a joint class with the teacher.
- Ten hours of chamber music practice. Students will have one hour to rehearse before the chamber music class.
- Five hours of masterclasses offered by great professionals within “Building an Artist” subject.
- o Storytelling or how to enter the professional world of music. In this class, students will learn about career opportunities in classical music, as well as how to prepare their Curriculum Vitae.
- o How to get ready for auditions, competitions, and entrance exams. Designed to teach our young artists to prepare for challenges they will have to face.
- o How to deal with stage fright. From breathing exercises to steps to follow before going on stage.
- o Preventing injuries. Physical and mental health. Both physical and mental health are essential for professional musicians.
- o The value of music within society. How can we contribute to society as musicians?
- Six hours of Building Teamwork class. Under the supervision of the teacher, students will create a project in groups of 3-5 students, such as editing a video/presentation with recordings and musical content. Final presentation of the projects in class.
- Four hours of Culture. We organise several music activities focused on learning how instruments are made and attending rehearsals or encounters with music professionals.
- On the Sunday of the first week, students go on a field trip to enjoy a music experience.
- Concert for parents: At the end of the programme, performance of the chamber groups at the Sony Auditorium of the School.
How can I apply and get the scholarship?
The application period starts on 1 March and ends on 15 April 2021. From 15 April onwards the staff of the Programme will be contacting candidates to inform them about their admission.
In order to obtain the scholarship covering 40% of the cost of the programme, the candidate must follow these steps:
- Access the Get Accepted form.
- Curriculum Vitae of the student with his or her training and experience (Students will be selected according to the teacher’s criterion and the decision will be communicated from 15 April 2021 onwards).
- A 5- to 10-minute video of the candidate playing the instrument with which he or she wishes to participate in the programme.
- A motivation letter of no more tan 200 words explaining why the candidate is interested in participating in the programme and what he or she likes about music and the instrument chosen.