Conducting Masterclass - Andrés Orozco-Estrada
INTERNATIONAL CALL FOR YOUNG CONDUCTORS
Maestro Andrés Orozco-Estrada, Main Conductor of the Reina Sofía School's Freixenet Symphony Orchestra, will deliver extraordinary conducting masterclasses on 1 and 2 March 2022. With a maximum of 6 participants, Maestro Orozco-Estrada will work on pieces by Bartók, Schubert and Mozart towards a public concert.
Applications to the masterclass will be open from 20 November to 20 December 2021. The selection of participants will be decided on by Maestro Orozco-Estrada.
Characteristics and requirements
- The masterclasses and final concert will take place at the Sony Auditorium of the Reina Sofía School, in Madrid, on 1 and 2 March 2022.
- There is no fee, and travel from any country and housing expenses in Madrid are covered by the School for all participants.
- The age limit to participate is 32-years-old.
- A maximum of 6 young conductors will be selected among the received applications.
- The application period will be from 20 November to 20 December 2021.
- The selection of participants by Maestro Orozco-Estrada will be published on this page on 20 January 2022.
- The rehearsals and the concert will be performed by the Freixenet Symphony Orchestra and solosits from the Reina Sofía School.
- Each participant will have 1 hour of work in front of the orchestra during rehearsals.
- The repertoire that will be worked on during the masterclasses and the concert is as follows:
- B. Bartók: Divertimento for strings Sz.113 BB.118
- F. Schubert: Symphony no. 5 in B flat Major, D. 485
- W. A. Mozart: Symphony no. 29 in A Major, KV 201/186a
- W. A. Mozart: Concerto for Violin and Orchestra in A Major, KV 219
- The masterclasses will end in a concert open to the public and conducted by the participants.
- The masterclasses and the concert will be recorded in video and made available to all participants.
To apply for one of the available positions in the masterclasses, please fill out the following form: