Presentation of the Eramus + project "New Skills 4 New Artists"
14 February 2022, 11:00h - 12:30h
In-person presentation in the Sony Auditorium
Reina Sofía School of Music
The Reina Sofía School of Music presents the New Skills 4 New Artists project, an Erasmus + project funded by the European Union through SEPIE (Servicio Español para la Internacionalización de la Educación) which has been carried out in partnership with Munster Technological University (Ireland), Koninklijk Conservatorium Brussel (Belgium) and Grupo DEX (Spain).
We performed an analysis of the job market finding that musicians graduating today have different skills needs compared to decades past. However, music degrees have been slow to react to this and remain broadly unchanged. NS4NA addresses this identified gap in the training of musicians and artists by developing a set of guidelines for teaching the required knowledge and skills to improve the career prospects of musicians.
This meeting is aimed at music professionals such as performers and composers, school and conservatory teachers, managers of educational institutions and, in general, the entire community revolving around music.
The presentation will be available in Spanish and English with simultaneous translation.
- Julia Sánchez Abeal, CEO, Reina Sofía School of Music
11h10 General presentation of the NS4NA project
- Esther Viñuela, NS4NA Co-ordinator and Project Manager, Reina Sofía School of Music
11h20 Three modules for the development of transversal skills
- Entrepreneurship for musicians: Niall O’Leary, Research Fellow in Entrepreneurship, Munster Technology University
- Technical tools for musicians: Kieran Prendergast, Assistant Lecturer, Munster Technology University
- Markting and communication for artsiss: Víctor Moreno, Communications Co-ordinator, Reina Sofía School of Music
12h05 Implemetation of NS4NA. Conclusions and presentation of teaching guidelines.
- Lorena Cantó, alumni NS4NA, violist and entrepreneur
- Esther Viñuela
12h15 Reflexion, questions, discussion
12h30 End of the presentation